Views
Helpful
Replies

Probem with Full Zone database after merge recovery

oreillygavin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with my Full zoneset database after performing a merge failure recovery, I was trying to import the Active Zoneset from OPP-SAN-Core1# sh zone status vsan 2 to BC19SANSw-A# sh zone status vsan 2 after a merge failure, I think I might have done it incorrectly as I now can't see an Active Zoneset using the edit zone database too. (screenshot attached)

I suspect there is a way to copy back the active zoning database to the full zoning database but I am not sure and don't want to risk loosing connection to my hosts. I have not saved any configuration changes since this action.

Have I wpied my switch configuration? If I reboot the switch will I loose the Active zoning? How can

OPP-SAN-Core1# sh zone status vsan 2
VSAN: 2 default-zone: deny distribute: full Interop: default
    mode: enhanced merge-control: allow
    session: none
    hard-zoning: enabled broadcast: enabled
Default zone:
    qos: none broadcast: disabled ronly: disabled
Full Zoning Database :
    DB size: 44 bytes
    Zonesets:0  Zones:0 Aliases: 0 Attribute-groups: 1
Active Zoning Database :
    DB size: 7440 bytes
    Name: Zoneset_Active1  Zonesets:1  Zones:103

BC19SANSw-A# sh zone status vsan 2

VSAN: 2 default-zone: deny distribute: full Interop: default

mode: enhanced merge-control: allow

session: none

hard-zoning: enabled broadcast: unsupported

Default zone:

qos: none broadcast: unsupported ronly: disabled

Full Zoning Database :

DB size: 44 bytes

Zonesets:0  Zones:0 Aliases: 0 Attribute-groups: 1

Active Zoning Database :

DB size: 7440 bytes

Name: Zoneset_Active1  Zonesets:1  Zones:103

1 Reply 1

emcprateek_2
Level 1
Level 1

FM (Java based) is not as reliable as the CLI as it frequently suffers caching problem. From the output below it appears you have an active zoneset in VSAN 2 on OPP-SAN-Core1 and BC19SANSw-A. The question now is if the two switches are merged.

Quick way to check is using CLI command "show fcdomain domain-list vsan 2" if you see domain id's for both switches in this output it means that the switches are merged. This will mean this is indeed a caching problem on FM. Remove/rediscover the fabric in FM should resolve Active zoneset visibility problem in FM.

Thanks,
Prateek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: