In UCCE TCD table how to indentify inbound and outbound call records.

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2010

Hi

I'm using TCD table to build custom report. I would like to know is there any flag to differentiate Inbound and outbound call records in TCD table.

Please advice.. I would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Sun, 02/28/2010 - 07:06

I would assume you're using UCCE for outbound (as in a dialer) and inbound, right?  The only thing that comes to mind would be to check the MRD (media routing domain) as it will be different for inbound vs outbound calls.  Now, if you don't have a dialer and you're talking about agent originate outbound calls, then UCCE has no visibility to these.

david

As you probably know from studying the TCD in the Schema Document, there are many different variables that may work for you. Can't you just make some test calls and look at the rows and see if you can reliably tell the difference. I would think that the PeripheralCallType would work.

If it's not clear cut, there may be other ways - for example, since you know the set of DNIS for inbound calls (they are attached to call types that are scheduled with a routing script), you can rule out the inbound calls. That leaves outbound calls, agent to agent calls, and transfers - transfers will always have a RouterCallKeySequenceNumber greater than 1. Agent calls will always have a short DNIS (equal to the extension length).

This is a very reasonable request and the TCD has a rich structure designed to cover many types of questions, and I struggle to believe you cannot easily distinguish between call "types".

Regards,

Geoff

TouchbaseParam Wed, 03/03/2010 - 00:24

Hi  Geoff and David

Thanks you very much for your reply.

I have used "PeripheralID" to classify the call.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

Actions

This Discussion