Call Handled Step for Outsourced Calls

Answered Question
Feb 28th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

We have a step in our script whereby if the caller chooses the option for one specific task they are sent to an outsourced contact centre to be dealt with. Currently we are using a call redirect step to achieve this. The supervisor would like to monitor the volume of calls that are being sent to this external call centre so at the time i could only produce CDR from the call manager. I would like them to use the HRC to report on the calls that are sent out so if i have a call handled step before the call redirect that would mean the calls are counted in their stats right?.........The problem is, they will want to report on the calls coming into their CSQ and dealt with by their CSQ so i dont think a simple call handled step would work as i think the outsourced calls would be counted against their stats. Is it best to have another CSQ just for the external call centre and add the call handled step in there?

Best wishes

Jon

Correct Answer by Anthony Holloway about 7 years 2 months ago

You can use one of the ten customer call variables to "flag" those calls.  Then you can use HRC to run a report on the custom call variable.  consider yourself warned, this report is not user friendly.  It's bare bones data, and requires manual sums, and correlations.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Anthony Holloway Wed, 03/03/2010 - 20:39
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

You can use one of the ten customer call variables to "flag" those calls.  Then you can use HRC to run a report on the custom call variable.  consider yourself warned, this report is not user friendly.  It's bare bones data, and requires manual sums, and correlations.

gbljoba Thu, 03/04/2010 - 00:38
User Badges:

Thanks for that Anthony,

Can you set these variables with the set enterprise call info before the call handled step? or is is elsewhere?

/Jon

Anthony Holloway Thu, 03/04/2010 - 20:32
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

You can set them, and reset them anytime you need to throughout the script as long as the contact is still active.

Actions

This Discussion