Views
Helpful
Replies

User control night service

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a night service option so that the users can over ride it when necessary. I thought at first I'm going to have to create a new script. I'm looking for the quickest solution though, and I found what I think would work. I wanted to verify that this will work with the UC540 without any hickups. It's located here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1116765. Under SCCP: Configuring night service. Would someone kindly take a look and advise me if I'm on the right track?

The overall idea is that all phones will ring in the day to the main line and at night go to voicemail. There will be another number that will utilize the auto attendant or if I can convince, just another extention to go to a ACD for knowing users to reach extentions. I'd appreciate any input as I want to wrap this one up asap.

Thanks alot

Stephanie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I just read your link.

SCCP: Configuring Night Service: This procedure defines night-service hours, an optional night-service code, the ephone-dns that trigger the notification process, and the ephones that will receive notification.

I wanted to let you know that all this is supported with CCA today.

Is there something you are looking for on the UC540 that isnt included in the CCA?

Steve

View solution in original post

To add to Steve's comments, the night service node can be dialed from any phone to opt-in or out of the night service schedule. We also have centralized night service control roadmapped in Office Manager, a tool for the end user.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I just read your link.

SCCP: Configuring Night Service: This procedure defines night-service hours, an optional night-service code, the ephone-dns that trigger the notification process, and the ephones that will receive notification.

I wanted to let you know that all this is supported with CCA today.

Is there something you are looking for on the UC540 that isnt included in the CCA?

Steve

To add to Steve's comments, the night service node can be dialed from any phone to opt-in or out of the night service schedule. We also have centralized night service control roadmapped in Office Manager, a tool for the end user.

Thanks,

Marcos

I need some help here. I can't get night service to show up on a phone, and my code isn't working from the phone that is configured. In order for me to see what is configured for an ephone I have to say show ephone 525g, It's not changing night service bell in there.

Help help

Stephanie

So I spent about an hour and a half with TAC working this out. The star codes apparenly aren't documented very well and CCA let's you choose any of them including all the * codes that won't work. I hope someone will read this or talk to TAC and decide to change that in the next release, or at least put it in some documentation.

Stephanie

So sorry you ran into this.  We informed Clare Brenner about this several weeks ago, when we discovered that FAC standard codes for use by FXS analog ports would conflict with the NS activation code per this Partner thread on Feb 10th....

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/35033#35033

I expect this to be included in the next release note.

Steve DiStefano

SE, U.S.  Partner Sales

I checked with Clare and this went into the latest admin Guide under Night service, in the step where you add the NS code:

"In the Night Service Code field, enter the night service toggle code.
You can enter up to 15 digits. CCA automatically prefixes the code with an asterisk (*).
When choosing a code for toggling Night Service, keep in mind that a default set of feature activation codes (used primarily for analog lines) are sent to the UC 500 by CCA. To avoid overlap with these feature activation codes, the Night Service toggle code should begin with *2, *7, *8, or *9."

But it did not get into the release notes.....

Thanks again!

The help for the page that has night service does say this in CCA in 2.2.2.  But, I also agree, it should be a little more noticeable.

I found this information helpfull, but I'm missing one aspect that the customer is insisting on, and I'm not quite sure how to work it out. They want the phone to go direct without any rings to the voicemail if they don't have the nightservice on. Is there a solution I can work out for this setup?

Appreciate the advice,

Stephanie

Never mind on that, I think I'm figuring out how to work the night service. Just one last problem. I can't seem to get the night-service to show on the phone when the schedule is set to closed and the night-service is set for the same times. and when I call the code I get a busy signal. I've configured only one phone for the night service for now. This is a UC540. What am I missing besides configuring night service and phone to use it and the schedule?

Thanks

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: