[problem] Password Recovery For AIR-AP1242AG-S-K9

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2010

I was just trying the password recovery for AIR-AP1242AG-S-K9. After several attempts, password recovery is not successful.

Firstly, I refered to the below link to find a similar password recovery for AP1242AG password recovery.
http://www.cisco.com...0800949d0.shtml

In order to break the sequence of loading the IOS image the usual "control Break" does not work to stop the image from loading.

The system has been encountered an error initializing
ethernet port. You may need to check hardware
The system is ignoring the error and continuing boot.
If you interrupt the system boot process, the following
commands will reinitialize ethernet, tftp, and finish
loading the operating system software:

ether_init
tftp_init
boot

Loading "flash:/c1240-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3/c1240-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3"...###############################################################################################################################################

Hence, I have to turn to Holding on to the MODE button. However, holding on to the Mode button allows you go into the bootflash mode but also restore it to factory defaults. Hence, that may be the reason why I cannot find flash_init in the commands and the config.txt in the rommon mode to change the config.txt

Kindly advise how to proceed with this model AP password recovery. Need this urgent. Thanks in advanced.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Fri, 03/05/2010 - 08:49

Don't know why that didn't work, but if you already restored the AP to factory default, then it's too late to recover your password.  Once you configure the AP and do a wr mem, then you config.txt will appear.  I guess you can maybe play around with the AP after you configure it to see if you can do a password recovery... it just so easy to retore it back to default and paste in a configuration:)

Leo Laohoo Fri, 03/05/2010 - 15:53

Once you hold down the "mode" button the AP would go into factory default.  There would be no chance for you to change the password other than start from scratch.

Actions

This Discussion