Expected wait time in ccx script too long?

Answered Question
Mar 1st, 2010

In CCX 5.0(2) we use Get Reporting step with Expected wait time field for telling calling party how long shall he/she will wait for agent answer. If CCX system see small number of agents in relevant queue it reports that customer is going to wait for 10, 20 even 30 min which is not true because agent will answer much more faster. So my question is:

can we manipulate with this Expected wait time field and algorithm on which CCX calculates time for answering? I mean, could we force CCX to calculate much more smaller time and sametime use this predefined algorithm?

TIA,

Dragan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by David Balk about 6 years 9 months ago

If I remember correctly the output of "expected wait time" is in seconds.  Are you converting it to minutes?

Overall Rating: 5 (5 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Mon, 03/01/2010 - 10:14

Example:

ewt = get reporting stats (queue_name, expected wait time)

set ewt = 2

play prompt (p[ewt_is] + n[ewt] + p[minutes])

Ok, in all seriousness though, you would get the reporting stats step for each of the metrics you think weighs into EWT, and then crunch your own number

One example might be:

logged_in = get reporting stats(queue_name, logged in resources)

not_ready = get reporting stats(queue_name, not ready resources)

set potentials = logged_in - not_ready

avg_handle_time = get reporting stats(queue_name, average handle time)

set ewt = potentials * avg_handle_time / 60

if (ewt > 1)

play prompt (p[ewt_is] + n[ewt] + p[minutes])

Of course, if you are going to make up your own, be sure to thoroughly test your calculations.  This was just an example, not a recommendation.

Dragan Ilic Wed, 03/03/2010 - 02:09

THX David...you are right. I expected that answer is in minutes so I recordered voice to play " You are going to wait xxx minutes..." instead of seconds.

What a stupid mistake....

Thanks again and best regards!!!

Dragan

Be reasonable with announcing the EWT.

If it is less than 60 secdonds, don't say anything.

If it is greater than 60s, convert it to minutes and round it up. In my opinion, I think it is silly if I hear a queuing platform tellme "your expected wait time is 153 seconds".

Just say "3 minutes".

I know of customers requesting this announced in seconds ... but customers often are clueless.

Regards,

Geoff

Correct Answer
David Balk Tue, 03/02/2010 - 10:21

If I remember correctly the output of "expected wait time" is in seconds.  Are you converting it to minutes?

Actions

This Discussion