Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 and iPhone support

abarel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who recently bought a UC560 unit, and one of the features that really made the sale was the possible integration with iPhone.

Now, I could read in this website that there is a possibility to connect iPhone to UC500 (CME) using 3rd party SIP client.

I also saw in YouTube that there is a Cisco client called "Cisco Mobile" that is intended for iPhone integration with Cisco Telephony solutions.

I was wondering if this client will work with UC500 (CME) so the customer can use his iPhone as a regular extension on the UC500?

One more question: my customer wants to dial from his iPhone using his existing Contacts list (whether using 3rd-party SIP client or a Cisco client). Is this possible?

All his stored numbers start with "+". Could the dial plan on UC500 be adjusted to handle the "+" sign properly so the customer can continue to use his contacts list "as is" - meaning keeping the "+" as it is required when dialing out to the Cellular mobile network when he's out of the office, but also dialing the same number when in the office WiFi network and having UC500 handle this properly and route the call to the PSTN?

Please advise. The customer really expects us to deliver on this, as this was a critical issue for him choosing the UC500 system.

Thanks,

Addie

5 Replies 5

I am afraid I don't have good news for you. We have not officially tested any iPhone client with UC500. I am aware of a number of threads that claim this is possible, but our Small Business Team has not confirmed this. On top of that, our TAC does not support 3rd party SIP phones registered to UC500, and an iPhone soft client falls into this category. Finally, if you made it work, CLI would be needed and that might break CCA.

It sounds like you really need to get this going. I would use one of the documents in this Community as a reference to configure this application, for example, the "Integrating UC500 with SPA8000" document.

Marcos

Thanks Marcos.

Any plans to create an iPhone app. for Cisco Telephony integration in the future?

Also, what about my general question regarding digit manupulation? Can you program the dial plan to disregard "+" when sent as part of the dialed digits to the CME? At least the customer knows he can have 1 Contacts list on his iPhone and use it both in 3G mode and WiFi mode with the SIP client (although not officialy suported by Cisco). Please advise on that.

Regards,

Addie

We do not support the "+" sign in CCA yet. CLI would be needed.

We do not have any plans to support a native iPhone SIP client.

Thanks,

Marcos

You have no plans to support the iPhone with a cisco app that will work with the UC500. Are you kidding me. The one thing that can close the sale would be the clients phone working with a new phone system seemlessly and you are not going to have any plans of doing that. And cisco wonders why we have to offer an alternative most of the time to our small business clients that want to save money by using existing equipment. I truly hope that this no plan plan get a second look.

Hi Rob, this thread has been outdated and does not reflect our current roadmap. We understand the need for a mobility solution and one is in the works for the UC500. The details cannot be discussed yet, but we are working on this and will be sure to update the community on this front.

Thanks,

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: