Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with DHCP server on Windows 2003

hanichaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm implementing a UC520 system for a customer, the thing is that we need to use the DHCP server in his domain for the data network, so we need to use the DHCP pool (phone) in the UC520 for the telephones and the IP DHCP pool on the windows domain server for the data Network.

I'm using the CE520 switches here with the UC520.

I'm not sure how can I do it, I tried t remove the Data DHCP pool from the UC520, and configuring an IP helper in VLAN 1  ,connecting it to the Microsoft DHCP server but the desktop did not get an IP address.

anybody has a document or something on how to do that ?

5 Replies 5

Is your DHCP Server in VLAN 1? If so, all you need to do is disable the Data DHCP pool on the UC500 and configure a different IP address for VLAN 1. If your UC500 is also your Internet router, there is ACL/firewall and NAT editing that needs to take place.

Marcos

First of all thank you for your response,

• my UC520 is not my internet router.
  • Yes my DHCP server is in VLAN1 (if you mean as an ip address and subnet), I tried to disable the DHCP Pool on the Uc520 but my computer could not get an ip address from the other DHCP server. is there any configuration need to be done in the switches (tunnel or something) ? I mean each port in the switches is supporting two VLANs (Voice and Data).

your response is very appreciated since I'm already working in the site so I need to solve this ASAP ..

Thanks Again

You should not need an IP helper if the MS Server is on the same LAN (VLAN) as the PC's and UC. Plug the server into the switch the switch into the uplink port of the UC, and disable the Data DHCP scope. I will assume the phone's still get DHCP from the UC system.

If you still cannot get DHCP from the MS Server, it might be connected wrong or the PC's are on another VLAN/LAN from the server.

Bob

Can you add a hard coded IP and PING the windows server?  If so sometimes DHCP can detect a conflict and the service will turn off.  Make sure the windows server DHCP service is started and running.

Nothing else is needed other than just simply removing the DHCP scope from the UC500.

You were right after restarting the DHCP Server and the UC it worked with no need for additional Configuratio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: