- Bronze, 100 points or more
I think I understand the parameters surrounding the requirements for multisite now, but as always it spawns more questions;
I am looking at a 560 and a 540 in a multisite configuration, I now know I have to create a VPN tunnel between the two WAN ports for this to work. My questions are as follows:
1. Using the Tail end hop off, if both locations are in the same area code (yet long distance) would the dialing pattern have to inject and "outside line digit" for the calls to go out the other site? Eg. I want to call site B and make a local call in the area, I dial 8-2 for the intersite and selector, but then do I have to add a 9 for an outside line at site B's location; 8-1-9-444-555-1212? Or how is this done with the same area code at site A and B?
2. The client is asking about workers that travel between sites a lot; how are their calls handled, can they use IP communicator or something else to have the phones follow them?
3. In the two site configuration does the CUE IP addressing have to change?
4. Can I use UCC Server and clients and have them communicate with two sites? Eg. Have the server at the main site checking presence, IM, etc. at both sites. or how could I achieve this?
This is all I can think of now, but I know I will have more questions, I have reviewed all the Multisite docs and it looks pretty straight forward, but I like to have all my ducks in a row before presenting the solution to a client.
Just to be clear I have found some of the answers in the Cisco docs, but due to the constant changing of code and CCA, I wanted to know what features and/or functionality is now supported.