CCDP - Exams must all be within last 3 years?

Unanswered Question
Mar 1st, 2010

Here's my situation.  I have current CCNA, CCNP, CCSP and CCIE Security certs.  I was looking to pick up something in the design track.  If you just look at the requirements, it seems I should be able to get a CCDP by taking only the 642-873 ARCH exam.  The CCDA requirement is overridden by my CCIE, and my CCNP covers the other exams necessary for the CCDP.  Even the Certification Progress section of the Certification Tracker shows all the appropriate things checked off for CCDP except for ARCH.

However, I'm hearing that all the exams in the CCDP must be from the last 3 years, regardless if I have a current CCNP certification.  If this is true, the ARCH won't get me the CCDP, since my CCNP exams are from the 2004-2006 timeframe.  Anyone know the real story on this?  Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Mon, 03/01/2010 - 13:56

It is my understanding that all exams for a given track must be passed within 3 years as each individual exam expires after 3 years. I cannot find any different information regarding your situation. However, it would probably be worth checking with certifications support to be sure.

Hope this helps.

This Discussion