How to determine which CAD server is primary ?

Answered Question

Hi all,

I've got a duplex IPCC 6.0 enterprise environment with duplex CADs, duplex IPIVRs and CCM 4.1.3. I would like to find out if there is a configuration somewhere that you can look to determine which CAD server is the primary or if there is any processes that you can look to tell which CAD server is the primary. And also how to tell which CAD server is active.

Thanks in advance !!!

Danny

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by dlazich about 5 years 11 months ago

When you launch postinstall (c:\program files\cisco\desktop\bin\postinstall.exe) the first screen that opens will show you the IP address of the Primary and Secondary CAD servers.  I'm 99% sure postinstall existed in ICM 6.0 (it's a good pratice to always run postinstall as a local administrator).

You can also tell looking under Site Setup in the registry;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup

The IP address/hostname in LDAP Host 1 should be the primary and the IP address/hostname in LDAP Host 2 would be the secondary.

To tell which CAD server is currently active you can use procmon on the active ctisvr process to find the IP Address of the CAD Enterprise server currently connected to ctisvr, this will be the active CAD server at that moment in time.

Run the following procmon command on the active ctisvr:

C:\ procmon cg ctisvr         (where “cust instance” is your customer instance in and Xy matches the cg  cg1a or cg1b)
>>>>clients
Session   Time  Ver Flags      ClientID             AgentID  AgentExt  Signature     Host
       1  15 days 13   AUX   14.104.3.4IPPASv    14.104.3.4IPPAS    v  (14.104.3.4:1244)
       2  15 days 13   AUX   Enterprise        Cisco Desktop E    n  (14.104.3.4:1245)
       4 00:01:41 13   AUX   CTIOSServer        CTIOSServer    (14.104.3.5:3420)
       5 00:01:29 13   AUX   CTIOSServer        CTIOSServer    (14.104.3.4:3980)

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)

There are a number of CAD servers. Which are you interested in?

If you are talking about Telephony events, the CAD Soft Phones get these directly from ICM. In 7.x, the connection is to the duplexed CTI Object Servers.

It's been a long time since I have played with ICM 6.x, and I can't remember if CAD in that version spoke directly to the CTI Servers, which was subsequently changed, or that was the case with ICM 5.x and the change was made in 6.x. When configuring CAD, does it ask for the addresses/ports of the CTI Server or the CTIOS?

I am wondering what are the underlying reasons for your question.

Regards,

Geoff

Correct Answer
dlazich Tue, 01/11/2011 - 07:23

When you launch postinstall (c:\program files\cisco\desktop\bin\postinstall.exe) the first screen that opens will show you the IP address of the Primary and Secondary CAD servers.  I'm 99% sure postinstall existed in ICM 6.0 (it's a good pratice to always run postinstall as a local administrator).

You can also tell looking under Site Setup in the registry;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup

The IP address/hostname in LDAP Host 1 should be the primary and the IP address/hostname in LDAP Host 2 would be the secondary.

To tell which CAD server is currently active you can use procmon on the active ctisvr process to find the IP Address of the CAD Enterprise server currently connected to ctisvr, this will be the active CAD server at that moment in time.

Run the following procmon command on the active ctisvr:

C:\ procmon cg ctisvr         (where “cust instance” is your customer instance in and Xy matches the cg  cg1a or cg1b)
>>>>clients
Session   Time  Ver Flags      ClientID             AgentID  AgentExt  Signature     Host
       1  15 days 13   AUX   14.104.3.4IPPASv    14.104.3.4IPPAS    v  (14.104.3.4:1244)
       2  15 days 13   AUX   Enterprise        Cisco Desktop E    n  (14.104.3.4:1245)
       4 00:01:41 13   AUX   CTIOSServer        CTIOSServer    (14.104.3.5:3420)
       5 00:01:29 13   AUX   CTIOSServer        CTIOSServer    (14.104.3.4:3980)

Actions

This Discussion