Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cafe - now open for business

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Right-o.  Here are the Club rules:

1.  Welcome mat is outside the door and it reads, "Leave your pride outside".
2.  No work-related stuffs here.  Whinging is acceptable.
3.  No religious topic/debate.
4.  No political topic/debate.
5.  No harassing and definitely no "below-da-belt" stuff.
6.  Jokes are welcome.  Just be sensible and have a good sense of humour.
7.  English language (`nuff said!) or provide translations.
8.  Aussie slangs and jargons exempted.  He he he ...
9.  Invites to your birthday party very much welcome, and a big thank you!
10.  Remember the explitive-filter-engine.  You've been warned.
11.  Giving points is optional ... it’s all up to you. 
12.  HAVE FUN!

Message was edited by: leolaohoo

197 Replies 197

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hallo, mein Name ist Maria und ich komme aus Griechenland. Wie heissen Sie? Woher kommen Sie? Wie geht es Ihnen? Don't worry, my german knowledge pretty much ends here! Mein Netzwerk ist konfiguriert! Please do not complain or I will respond in greek! Greek is greek to you, isn't it?

Leo, I see you are taking the situation in your hands before Dan has a chance to consider putting an additional section. So, what is this thread about? The rules of the Club? (I thought the first rule of Fight Club would be that "we do not talk about Fight Club", and so would be the second and the third! And then I woke up and realized Brad Pitt is not a regular of this forum! )  Or we can surely drop something else for discussion here and I'm missing the whole point?

... and can we rate people's contributions to the café culture?  'Cos I think Maria's contribution there must be worth at least a 5, maybe more!

K.

Awwww come on, Marie.  Y'know I flunked my German language course!    But that doesn't stop me from learning a few expletive lines in German.  Ha ha ha ...

So, a forum regular doesn't know how to edit their original post? How come? You use the Edit Thread option within the Actions box on the top right of your thread.

I have postponed my german classes for later this year. In language classes you typically can't learn spicy stuff anyway. The book is on the table, the sun is shining, and all is very poetic.

Politics and religion ? Haven't you seen comments on youtube? People are flaming each other because of songs, whether a video is real, etc. If one wants to fight, nothing stops them. But why fight here when you can go straight to youtube? (BTW: if you go to youtube, you might like to watch the "modern man" with George Carlin)

Hey Mike, that was an interesting  book shelves organization!

I can't edit the club rules. 

Leo,

I'm not sure why you can't edit the club rules.  You should be able to edit any thread you create.  I'll look into it.  In any case, you're in luck because I can edit any thread   Shoot me an email with what you'd like the updated text to say and I'll change it for you.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Ok.  Email on it's way and a big Thank You! 

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Leo,

I think #6 and #8 are related.  I don't know any expletive-filter that can decode Aussie slang, so I guess it is exempted.  Come to think about it, I've only ever seen the expletive-filter used once in this forum, and that was on a typo!

As for #2, I'm afraid some work-related stuff is inevitable.  After all, we are all here because of a shared interest.  The main bulk of the techie stuff would still be in the main part of the forum of course.  I think the café stuff would be more like "... you'll never guess what one of the users did today .. " or "why not to balance a 2960 on its front panel while you are setting up its initial config".  (Clue: what happens when you reload it?) (See #1)

K.

Hi Kevin,

I have no question about rating someone's post or comment.  Go ahead, mate, make our day!

Regarding work-related stuffs, it's fine by me.  I know it'll come to this.  Hey, I don't mind if it's just for laughs or something!

Hi Maria,

Before I created the thread, I sent an email to Dan (did I include Tim too???) and asked them to consider if the thread is appropriate or not.  If it ain't, then I don't mind getting it torn down at all.  All in the spirit of humour, camraderie and plain-ole-fun-and-laughs (kicks-n-giggles).

Hi Leo,

I did get your email and decided to let it ride and see what kind of activity the post got.  In the past we've contemplated opening a "water cooler" community.  It would be a place for pretty much anything outside the scope of our current forums and isn't technical.  I'm still open to creating this if there is enough support for it.  Of course, we would have to reserve the right to pull any content we deem inappropriate.  I've seen water cooler communities get out of hand with topics like politics

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for letting this ride.  I'm worried about things getting out of hand but I have a feeling that since we're all professionals here we tend to control stuffs we post here.  This is why the club rules tend to be more relaxed.

Good point.  I should've added "no politics and/or religion" in the club rules.  How do I go about editing this?

Kevin, if I recall correctly your kids speak 3 languages, right? I shouldn't have played the language card with you around! A French couple comes for a vacation in Greece together with their 5-year old kid. Two old men in a non-online cafe hear the kid speaking french and the one says to the other: Did you see how fluently that kid speaks french?

About the rating of posts: I'm busy writing an official document with no jokes or simple words like "ok", "things", "stuff" or "hope", etc ("expect" is acceptable ) and tired of policing myself all the time, so I'm being selfish and my contribution to the technical sections has deteriorated lately.  You can do whatever you like of course, but I would prefer to not receive points in here or my guilt levels will increase since other people are posting many useful things often without any recognition.

BTW: why would you ever balance a 2960 on its front panel?

I balance my 2960's on the front panel because they fit better in the book shelves for my CCNP studies....

Mike

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I love the "Cafe El Leo!"

2.  No work-related stuffs here.  Whinging is acceptable.<---- Sweeet!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: