Mars Rules

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2010

Hello Dear's

There are many unwanted incidents generating in my MARS, how can i customized to important's only and to avoid unwanted ones.

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thomasandy32 Tue, 03/02/2010 - 04:41

Thanks ganesh,

There are plenty of rules in MARS to trigger the incident,If i deactivate those i wont get any incident from that rule,but what are the most typical one's which are always kept active in view of attack's and service unavailability.

I have not worked on MARS ,i will be going to install soon,making things clear before implementation.

Thanks

Ganesh Hariharan Fri, 03/05/2010 - 07:00

Thanks ganesh,

There are plenty of rules in MARS to trigger the incident,If i deactivate those i wont get any incident from that rule,but what are the most typical one's which are always kept active in view of attack's and service unavailability.

I have not worked on MARS ,i will be going to install soon,making things clear before implementation.

Thanks

Hi Thomas,

Check out the below link hope that helps

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/logging/configuring_and_tuning_cisco_csmars_2044

Ganesh.H

chris.cumbaa Mon, 03/15/2010 - 09:31

There's a "False Positive Tuning" link to the right of each incident.  You will need to review the data provided in the incident to decide if the information is relative to an attack.  The false positives, based on your discretion, can be logged but not alerted, or completely dropped.  You can configure false positives based on port information, IP, time/date, reporting device, etc.

Actions

This Discussion