Views
Helpful
Replies

Mars Rules

thomasandy32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dear's

There are many unwanted incidents generating in my MARS, how can i customized to important's only and to avoid unwanted ones.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Dear's

There are many unwanted incidents generating in my MARS, how can i customized to important's only and to avoid unwanted ones.

Thanks,

Hi,

Check ou the below link on MARS rule configuration hope that helps.

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/logging/configuring_and_tuning_cisco_csmars_2044

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

Thanks ganesh,

There are plenty of rules in MARS to trigger the incident,If i deactivate those i wont get any incident from that rule,but what are the most typical one's which are always kept active in view of attack's and service unavailability.

I have not worked on MARS ,i will be going to install soon,making things clear before implementation.

Thanks

Thanks ganesh,

There are plenty of rules in MARS to trigger the incident,If i deactivate those i wont get any incident from that rule,but what are the most typical one's which are always kept active in view of attack's and service unavailability.

I have not worked on MARS ,i will be going to install soon,making things clear before implementation.

Thanks

Hi Thomas,

Check out the below link hope that helps

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/logging/configuring_and_tuning_cisco_csmars_2044

Ganesh.H

There's a "False Positive Tuning" link to the right of each incident.  You will need to review the data provided in the incident to decide if the information is relative to an attack.  The false positives, based on your discretion, can be logged but not alerted, or completely dropped.  You can configure false positives based on port information, IP, time/date, reporting device, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: