cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registration over dmvpn

barryl
Level 1
Level 1

I have several offices which connect to the central site with either point to point T1's, or 12Mb DS3's. A DMVPN solution has been installed as a failover from the main circuits. When the main circuit fails, phones fail to register with UCM 5.13 located at the hub site. It appears that sccp port 2000 does not arrive at the UCM cluster, but appears to stop at the hub side of the tunnel. As a result, phones do not register or register but fail to SRST fallback mode. As a result, internal dialing is not available, since the gateway router now sees itself as an autonomous system.

Anyone ever seen this type of condition? I've bee researching this issue for months, but with no solution. I've placed a sniffer on the hub side of the connection, but port 2000 packets are never seen. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Barry,

without seeing more details is difficult to say anything.

remove username and passwords, substitute public ip addresses and post configuration of hub router and one spoke.

A network diagram showing Head quarters architecture from HUB to CCM servers would be of help too.

There is any firewall to be crossed that sees traffic coming from different interfaces when using primary DS£ links or DMVPN backup links?

A TCP session requires bidirectional connectivity to be setup.

A SW defect on the hub router is also possible.

Hope to help

Giuseppe