cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager upgrade fails

mark.carroll
Level 1
Level 1

guys have a cm ver 6.1(1) which wont upgrade, have tried to upgrade to a few diff vers, anyone ever seen this type of error before

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Let's back this up if you don't mind.  You say you have 6.1.1 - so first things first, what version(s) have you tried to upgrade to?  Did you experience this error on the very first attempt?  If so, what was the upgrade path?

How was this system built?  Was this a 4x to 6x upgrade build or was this a fresh 6x build?  Alternately (it could be 5x to 6x).  Give me some details and we'll try to walk this out.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Hi

Good to hear it's sorted out.

Thanks for the rating, BTW ;-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Looks like the failure may be time zone related - perhaps try setting your time zone to a different/equivalent one, or back to GMT temporarily whilst you upgrade?

Failing that you would need to collect full logs from RTMT - do a collect files, and grab the Install /Upgrade traces, and DB Installation service traces. Do this once for the 'active' partition, and again for the 'inactive' partition.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi

thanks, tried that but ti comes back with the same error just different time zone, I changed to GMT so its replaced Eire with GMT but error the same

OK - so that's the only error I can see on that little screen grab.

You need to do it the hard way (retrieve the logs as described, and analyse them) or raise a case with TAC.

As you've tried different versions, either all Cisco's software is broken, or you have something in your config DB that all of them don't like.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Let's back this up if you don't mind.  You say you have 6.1.1 - so first things first, what version(s) have you tried to upgrade to?  Did you experience this error on the very first attempt?  If so, what was the upgrade path?

How was this system built?  Was this a 4x to 6x upgrade build or was this a fresh 6x build?  Alternately (it could be 5x to 6x).  Give me some details and we'll try to walk this out.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

actually the fix was just to change the timezone to Los_Angeles

thanks

Hi

Good to hear it's sorted out.

Thanks for the rating, BTW ;-)

Aaron

happy now

Much happier, thanks... I don't think I get paid if I don't get rated..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: