Views
Helpful
Replies

European FSK Caller ID

stylecomltd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Linksys SPA400 and can't get Caller ID on incomming calls. Waiting for firmware that will fix this over 2 years.

I use this adapter on 2 installs: one with SPA9000 and one with Asterisk. Same problem with both.

I am from Bulgaria. Telecom operator Vivacom ( formerly BTC ).

With SPA3102 Caller ID is working fine. Settings are ETSI FSK - bell 202 and FXO Port Impedance 600

Tried all suggestions in other posts with no success.

Also I find a document from my provider that describes specifications for end-user devices:

Specification ETSI ETS 300 6593 FSK

Timeparameters:

500 ms ≤ T5 ≤ 2000 ms

T6 ≥ 200 ms

T 9 = 0 ms to 150 ms

T 10 = 0 ms to 150 ms

T 11 = 40 ms to 55 ms

T 12 = 55 ms to 200 ms

T 13 = 40 ms то 120 ms

T 14 = 160 ms ± 5 ms

Can you give me some advise how to get CLIP from my lines?

24 Replies 24

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

You would need the latest SPA400 BETA. See attached. In principle, all you need is to configure the settings to Bellcore or Euro FSK depending the switch you are connecting this to.

Regards
Alberto

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this firmware, but can't see difference with 1.1.2.2.

If  European FSK is set, I get anonymous as incoming caller id.

If North American is set, I get line ID as incoming caller id.

Please let me know if you need logs.

Chavdar

Dear Sir;

Can you take the SPA400 logs for each case?

Regards
Alberto

Hi,

Attached files are log from SPA400 connected to my office Asterisk.

I saw my number detected in full North American log, but the result was line ID for Caller ID.

I hope this will help.

Thank you!

Dear Sir;

I'm escalating this to engineering. Stay tuned.

Regards
Alberto

Dear Sir;

Please follow the configuration parameters of the following document/docs/DOC-9873. It should work properly. If it does not work, I would need to see also the SIP traces between the SPA400 and the SPA9000 as well as the configuration of the SPA400 (html pages).

Regards

Alberto

Dear Alberto,

Sorry for the duplicate post...

I am facing similar problems with PSTN lines in Lebanon. I tried the localization settings as follows:

Lebanon 0 270+(750||150nF) 3.5 10 3 Enable North America

no success at all. I tried lot of settings and I upgraded to the latest beta firmware. Any suggestions to solve this problem ? Usually here we FSK settings with caller id after first ring. how can i apply it?

kradoyno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In our Lab we use SPA9000, SPA942, SPA400 (with beta firmware 1.1.2.3) connected to Vivacom PSTN line.

Caller ID works normally. I am sending you the settings that we use (see attached file "BG Settings Caller ID.zip").

After configuring SPA400 and SPA9000 and saving the settings, do the following:

1. reboot SPA400 and after it is up and running ...

2. unplug power cord of SPA9000 and plug it in again.

3. after restart of the phones, make one outbound call to your mobile, for example.

After all these measures, the Caller ID should work properly.

Best regards,

Kino

It's not working.

I left behind my Asterisk and build a test Linksys PBX:

SPA9000 firmware 6.1.5

SPA400 firmware 1.1.2.3 - test build AU CID mix

SPA941 firmware 5.1.8

Attached log is for 4 incoming calls. First was success. On second I get only 4 digits from Caller ID. On third and fourth I got nothing.

Attached also and config in html for SPA400.

Thanks!

Hello, again,

Try with "Call progress tone settings.mht" that I sent you in my previous posting.

And please try to avoid using any splitters or any additional devices on your PSTN lines - just standart line as it comes from Vivacom.

Good luck :)

Best regards,

Kino

Hi,

And thank you for your help.

I tryed them, but with the same result.

I found something else. Test line come to my office via PCM and that is why I don't get CLIP every time.

For test I plug another line and I got CLIP every time, but on phone is show incorect. It is the line ID.

Attached log is from this line with 3 incoming calls.

Please review this print-screen also.

Thanks!

Any other suggestions?

idiamanti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

We have the same problem in Greece (also described in msg. 3709,  https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/3709#3709 ), from PSTN lines (provider FORTHnet).

In our Lab, the configuration is the same (SPA9000 - SPA400 - SPA942 with the latest F/W).

We have tried different Caller ID methods.

The one that works (only with ISDN lines - provider OTE), is North American. If we have incoming calls from analog ports of ISDN gateway/line, everything is OK. See 1st attachment log (ISDN).

If we have incoming calls from PSTN line, we have the same problem, as stylecomltd describes. See 2nd attachment log (PSTN).

If you compare the two logs, you can see (PSTN) that the system, instead of fetching the first number (which is caller's ID), sends - wrongly - to SPA9000, the second number (which is the called number).

The system must recognise as caller's ID, the number that follows the special character in the raw message. With this proposal, we are going to have the same correct result either the call is coming from ISDN line, either from PSTN line

Thx

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: