Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two 4402 WLController with 16 Access point

In a setup we have two 4402 WLC with 16 AP, first 12 AP is get registered with WLC, remaining AP is not get register with second WLC, configuration for both WLC is same.

WLC Management address for fisrt one - 172.16.124.15/24

WLC Management address for second one - 172.16.124.17/24

when the first WLC is switched off second WLC is get registered with 12 AP, again when WLC one is switched on, the second WLC AP registration is going back to WLC one itself.

sh cdp neig detail show AP have got IP address, but why AP is not get registered with WLC...Please give me some suggestion,

8 Replies 8

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

A couple of thisng to check, first are both controllers in the same mobility group?  how are they locating the WLC are you using DHCP optioon 43? or DNS?

They are in the same mobility Group, using DHCP option 43 for this purpose, my issuse the AP are get connected with first WLC without any issuse [ 4402 - 12 AP is get connected ], for other 4402 I need to get connected 4 AP..but it is not working as expected.

In CLI, can you post the following output:  sh ap config general

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the settings on each of your APs particularly the primary/secondary/tertiary controller settings?

in 16 AP only 12 are get registered with 4402, remain 4 AP need to be get registered with second Controller 4402, now I am not able to get associated remaining 4 AP with Controller.

On your Summary Page, go to All APs > Details > click one of the APs and go to High Availability tab.  Review your settings here.

What's the setting there?

Configuring Backup Controllers
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60lwap.html

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What code are you on ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

gstefanick wrote:

What code are you on ?

Hi George,

Been asking him the same question.  I think it may have fixed the problem because he's not back to report more problems. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card