Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.X bug

youssef.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I havethat extension (8081150) as a primary line on 7945 ip phone.

When i tried to add the same extension (8081150) in the same partition on wireless 7921 ip phone as a primary line it gives an error which is "there is already that DN on the same partition"

Is anybody see this before?

Is that bug on CUCM?

Note:

It appears sometimes only....sometimes work fine...

What does that mean???

Also :

when I delete some extension from some ip phones it deletes it from that specific ip phone only.....BUT some times it deletes that extension from CUCM database at all

What is happening here also???

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's no error or bug, that is expected.

You CANNOT have the same DN as primary line in 2 phones.

You need to have it on line number 2+ on any other phone, and only 1 phone with DN on line 1

What you're doing are shared lines

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

but how can we can make that on ccm version before,also i made this many times on current ccm version(6.x) before with no errors.

could u explain...

do i by this force ccm to do something wrong and i'm forcing some kind of bug/misbehavoiur to raise

It has always been the same, read this documentation:

Shared Line Restrictions

Do not configure shared-line appearances on the primary lines of the phones; for example, if two phones have a shared-line appearance, only one of the phones should have the primary line configured as shared (the other phone should have the secondary line configured as shared).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wp1100362

That's not a bug, that's documented and expected.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate