XML Document / Variable Call Forward

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2010
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hello Everyone,

Soon I'm going to have to start answering questions instead of asking them all the time. So what I'm trying to do is we have a primary script that people will call into. The goal is that if no one happens to be in a particular CSQ they want the call forwarded off to a cell phone. Normally this would be easy; however they want the ability to change that destination number at any time.

My thought was this: make an additional script attached to another trigger number. This script would ask them to enter a PIN to allow them access to the main menu. Main menu would run a get digit string, then if successful run the create XML document step:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<Forward>
<Number>95551234567</Number>
</Forward>

Then run a XSL transform with "Number" and replacing this with the value obtained from the get digit string. Then commit this all back to disk with a write document step.

The end goal would be that the primary script would then create XML document and get XML data and load this number into a variable so that when the CSQ is empty that variable can be read for a consult transfer step.

So a couple questions. First is this the right way about accomplishing my goal? Secondly I can't seem to get the write document step in the second script to work properly. During a debug I see the digit string collect digits, I see the XML file above loaded. I see the XSL Transform step append the correct data and store in a new document variable. But when the write step occurs I get an empty XML file.

Thanks again in advance for all the help and insight I've gleaned from you more talented people.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tpfrankli Tue, 03/02/2010 - 08:29
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Ok I've made some progress. My error was using a XSL Transform when I could have a template document do a keyword transform and then write that all to another document.

jawilson_1 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 00:46
User Badges:

What version of UCCX are you running?  8.0?

Did you get this to work yet?  I have a similar requirement to fulfill.

tpfrankli Thu, 08/26/2010 - 08:10
User Badges:

We're running 7.0 of UCCX and yes I did get this to finally work.

jawilson_1 Thu, 08/26/2010 - 08:52
User Badges:

Good to know.  My issue is with the get xml data once the xml document is created in uccx 8.  i keep getting a null value while using the same xml files i used in 7.  I need to figure out what the syntax of the get step should be.  any thoughts since you've been working with the xml files for a while now?

Anthony Holloway Fri, 08/27/2010 - 14:20
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Post your xml document here, I can help you with the xpath.

jawilson_1 Fri, 08/27/2010 - 19:25
User Badges:

Below is the xml file I plan to use.  this format with the exception of the CurrentStats and ForwardingNumber elements I've used in 7.x successfully.

Anthony Holloway Mon, 08/30/2010 - 10:47
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

You don't use %keyword% in the real XML document, only in the template for which you are going to execute the Keyword Transform on.

You need enough help with this, that it should have it's own thread.  Please start your own thread and I will watch for it, and help you.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content