Replies

Which way is "in" for access-group

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got the following on my pix:

access-group inside in interface inside

Which way is "in". If I imagine myself sitting inside the pix and looking out of the port, which way should I consider "in", especially related to traffic, let's say coming from the inside network going to a dmz.

Thanks

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

dan_track wrote:

Hi,

Which way is "in". If I imagine myself sitting inside the pix and looking out of the port, which way should I consider "in", especially related to traffic, let's say coming from the inside network going to a dmz.

Thanks

Dan

Dan

In is traffic arriving on that interface coming to the pix. So if you were sitting inside the pix the above would be for traffic coming from the inside and entering the inside interface - coming to you basically.

Out is traffic leaving the interface and going away from you.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

dan_track wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Dan

Dan

In is traffic arriving on that interface coming to the pix. So if you were sitting inside the pix the above would be for traffic coming from the inside and entering the inside interface - coming to you basically.

Out is traffic leaving the interface and going away from you.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I appreciate it.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: