cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS routing rule restore

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

In the COBRAS documenation, it states  " As a rule you should only include routing rules in your Unity restore in special circumstances – it’s normally best to not try and include those unless you have a good reason to do so".

I need to merge the data from several servers onto one, and these servers have dozens of routing rules as they are heavy users of auto attendants/call handlers which we want to restore as well. Obviously not having to do this manually is the preferred method.  I have tested the routing rules restore using COBRAS in the lab, and other than re-ordering them after import, which was tedious but otherwise not an issue, I dont see any problems.  I was hoping you could elaborate on the above statement as to what specifically the issue in restoring them.  I am using COBRAS in a Unity 7.0.2 UM environment across all servers.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sandra,

AFAIK, there were some issues with COBRAS failing to import Call Routing Rules. Issues were fixed in version 1.0.30 of the COBRAS import tool as now it only allows restores to the same or a newer version of Unity (no going "backwards"). It's known that when restoring Routing Rules you might need to rearrange the order of the routing rules, which can be tedious.

"All the routing rules you’ve selected to restore need to be inserted into this list as a contiguous block.  You cannot mix and match locations for the rules.  The relative order of the rules you are restoring will be preserved – they’ll just be inserted BEFORE the row you have selected on this page.  It may be necessary after the restore to go back to your routing rules in the System Administration page and arrange them a little differently relative to the other rules on the system."

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS.htm#_Insert_Restored_Routing

Anyway, the restore should work and the routing rules should be imported just as you mentioned.

Regards,

Teresa Stevens.
Unified Communications PDI Team
www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sandra,

AFAIK, there were some issues with COBRAS failing to import Call Routing Rules. Issues were fixed in version 1.0.30 of the COBRAS import tool as now it only allows restores to the same or a newer version of Unity (no going "backwards"). It's known that when restoring Routing Rules you might need to rearrange the order of the routing rules, which can be tedious.

"All the routing rules you’ve selected to restore need to be inserted into this list as a contiguous block.  You cannot mix and match locations for the rules.  The relative order of the rules you are restoring will be preserved – they’ll just be inserted BEFORE the row you have selected on this page.  It may be necessary after the restore to go back to your routing rules in the System Administration page and arrange them a little differently relative to the other rules on the system."

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS.htm#_Insert_Restored_Routing

Anyway, the restore should work and the routing rules should be imported just as you mentioned.

Regards,

Teresa Stevens.
Unified Communications PDI Team
www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thank you, this is the confirmation I was looking for and will plan to restore the routing rules using COBRAS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: