cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended ACE module upgrade path from software version A2(1.4) - A2(1.6a), A2(2.3) or A2(3.0)?

bgfl-tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade a ft pair of ACE modules to a more recent software release, from A2(1.4), but was wondering if there is a recommended upgrade path or version that is viewed as more stable than another. I believe A2(2.3) was released after A2(3.0) and I'm aware that the 'latest' version number is not always the best so any advice or personal experience would be gratefully received, i.e. would there be any reason to only upgrade to A2(1.6a) and no higher or does A2(2.3) include A2(1.6a) bug fixes as well as the new features?

thanks in advance

Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Matthew,

The A2(2.3) release has all the fixes that A2(1.6a) has, and then some.  If you are looking only for stability, then I would recommend A2(2.3) for now.  Not that A2(3.0) has proven to be unstable, but I would only go to that if you want or need one or more of the new features added to that release.  A2(1.6a) will be the last release of the A2(1.x) release train.

Hope this helps,

Sean

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Matthew,

The A2(2.3) release has all the fixes that A2(1.6a) has, and then some.  If you are looking only for stability, then I would recommend A2(2.3) for now.  Not that A2(3.0) has proven to be unstable, but I would only go to that if you want or need one or more of the new features added to that release.  A2(1.6a) will be the last release of the A2(1.x) release train.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Cheers Sean, appreciated.

Matthew

Hi

What is the latest recommended path for production environments for an ACE10 module? (A2(1.6a) to the A2(2.x) train or is the A2(3.x) train ok to use as well?)

The module is in a cat running 12.2(33)SXH2a.

Thanks

Cameron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: