Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 - Activate Demo Licenses

c.pollhammer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got a CUCM Demo version from my compnay for trial before implementing CUCM 7 company wide.

As I installed the application I had no problems, however, when I try now to access the GUI / Devices / Phones and add a phone I get this error msg :

Add failed: [4935] allocated licenses consumed by  used and pending. Please u[pload additional licenses and try again

How can I activate the Demo license so I can add a Phone for trial purpose?

Not sure if that is in regards to this, but if I try to start Cisco Call Manager the below error appears (Picture)

As you can see from the Picture I have 150 licenses, but what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

6 Replies 6

Activate the CCM service

Hi,

Sorry, I think I posted this to fast. When I activate the Cisco CallManager service as in the picture (from Disabled to Enabled) I get the error msg you see in the screen.

How would I be able to activate the Cisco Call Manager services else?

Thanks

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Try to restart the "License Manager" service.

If that didn't fix the problem, collect the following:

1) Command line output "run sql select * from licenseinfo"

2) License Manager logs (you may use RTMT to collect).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

How to restart the "License Manager" service

Hi

Browse to callmanagerip/ccmservice

Log in, and then go to Tools/Control Center - Network Services. It should be listed under there... if not, it may be in Control Center - Feature Services.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello,

As per the previous recommendation you should be able to restart 'License Manager' service under Network Services in Servicability. That should help clear the issue. If that does not help, you could open a case with Licensing  and they can generate 'temporary licenses' which expire after a certain time period.

Hope this helps!

Vajrender

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: