CAD Integrated Browser Question (IPCCX 7)

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2010

Got a customer that uses a web application where agents have to hit a "Save and Close" button which saves the notes they've made and closes the browser as well. We're trying to integrate this into CAD Integrated browser where we would launch the link on one of the tabs for each call but are running into a road block as it seems that the Integrated Browser doesn't let the agent close any of the predefined tabs. Is there a way around this within the Integrated Browser?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Fri, 03/05/2010 - 14:18

No there's not.  The browser tabs are predefined (in quantity, as you may know), and the Agent cannot close tabs or open more tabs.

You will need to modify your web app to sniff out CAD clients, or run it outside of CAD.

SAN J Fri, 03/05/2010 - 15:09

Thanks Anthony.

I did find out that if the customer's web app has links in it that when you click will launch a new tab it will work within Integrated Browser. You can even close it afterwards. The other problem I'm running into is that it doesn't seem that I can use the "Run Macros" within the Integrated Browser. When you try the "Record" option it doesn't record any of the clicks you do within the CAD Integrated Browser. I take it there's no workaround for this as well?

BTW, I did already suggest running it outside of CAD (via launch app and macros) and customer didn't want it that way...

Aaron Harrison Sat, 03/06/2010 - 01:51

Hi

The Macro recording functions are for external applications - the Internal browser (or any other CAD functions) cannot be recorded like that.

For the internal browser, you would set up HTTP actions.

If you want to do things like call control, agent state or recording controls there are specific actions for these things as well.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Anthony Holloway Sat, 03/06/2010 - 18:37

FWIW, if you know what to type in the Macro box, you can send key strokes to CAD.  I have done this to logout an agent in the past.  Now, focusing the CAD browser my prove to be impossible, but you can alteast send keystrokes to the CAD window.

Actions

This Discussion