cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan Question

efrazee
Level 1
Level 1

Need to dial 9 plus any 8 digits for local calls.

9.XXXXXXXX for local

Any suggestions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can the second digit of a local call also be 0? If not narrow the local pattern down such as 9.X[2-9]XXXXXX. Do the calls go out different ports or the same? If the same, you could have 9.00!# to allow both types of calls and allow users to end the interdigit timer with #.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Brandon is correct. Nowhere in the world local calls are 00xxxx.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can the second digit of a local call also be 0? If not narrow the local pattern down such as 9.X[2-9]XXXXXX. Do the calls go out different ports or the same? If the same, you could have 9.00!# to allow both types of calls and allow users to end the interdigit timer with #.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon is correct. Nowhere in the world local calls are 00xxxx.

So, details are 9 and ANY 8 digits for local. 9 plus 00 for international access code and any length digits. Not using #.

Would this be possible without?

Local

9[1-9]…….

International

900T

Yes.

If you mention the country, more specific advice can be given.

NANP

Or I mean to say that the CUCM is located in NorthAmerica

If all calls use the same PSTN connection, you can use 9.!, however if you don't use #, users will have to wait for the interdigit timeout for the call to be completed. You might check with your carrier to see if there is a pattern or restricted set of digits for local calls. I'm not familiar with any in NA that would allow an 8 digit number beginning with 0 for locals.

Brandon

Then be aware that from what I'm told, 7 digits local calling will be be phased out "soon".

Recently did a site in Illinois and it's all 1+10.

And in, northamerica, international prexif is never 00 but alway 011.