cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan Question

efrazee
Level 1
Level 1

Need to dial 9 plus any 8 digits for local calls.

9.XXXXXXXX for local

Any suggestions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can the second digit of a local call also be 0? If not narrow the local pattern down such as 9.X[2-9]XXXXXX. Do the calls go out different ports or the same? If the same, you could have 9.00!# to allow both types of calls and allow users to end the interdigit timer with #.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Brandon is correct. Nowhere in the world local calls are 00xxxx.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can the second digit of a local call also be 0? If not narrow the local pattern down such as 9.X[2-9]XXXXXX. Do the calls go out different ports or the same? If the same, you could have 9.00!# to allow both types of calls and allow users to end the interdigit timer with #.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon is correct. Nowhere in the world local calls are 00xxxx.

So, details are 9 and ANY 8 digits for local. 9 plus 00 for international access code and any length digits. Not using #.

Would this be possible without?

Local

9[1-9]…….

International

900T

Yes.

If you mention the country, more specific advice can be given.

NANP

Or I mean to say that the CUCM is located in NorthAmerica

If all calls use the same PSTN connection, you can use 9.!, however if you don't use #, users will have to wait for the interdigit timeout for the call to be completed. You might check with your carrier to see if there is a pattern or restricted set of digits for local calls. I'm not familiar with any in NA that would allow an 8 digit number beginning with 0 for locals.

Brandon

Then be aware that from what I'm told, 7 digits local calling will be be phased out "soon".

Recently did a site in Illinois and it's all 1+10.

And in, northamerica, international prexif is never 00 but alway 011.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: