Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP with Multiple WLANs

jcomment
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quest

ion regarding Multiple WLANs ssids? We have 2 Wlan's for client1 & client2. AP's are setup for HREAP doing local switching for both ssids. Question is I can Authenticate to client1 but can't authenticate to client2 both ssids are running at hearquarters without a problem. Each ssid has a subnet. The mapping vlan is setup & each wlan is setup for a different vlan. I can setup a wired connect for client2 and pull IP. I now DHCP is working for client2. We have booted the APs and no change. Does the controller require a reboot for the second ssid to work? Also we are running 4.2 and are trunking the ports. Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you haven't yet..... I would try to map the ssid to a different existing vlan on the local subnet to see if you are associating and authenticating okay or even to the client 1 ssid.  If that works then the only issue can be the trunk port configuration or spanning tree not passing that vlan.  If you did connect a wired client to a switchport on the same switch that h-reap ap is on, then double check your trunk configuration... better yet, remove it and recreate the trunk.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you haven't yet..... I would try to map the ssid to a different existing vlan on the local subnet to see if you are associating and authenticating okay or even to the client 1 ssid.  If that works then the only issue can be the trunk port configuration or spanning tree not passing that vlan.  If you did connect a wired client to a switchport on the same switch that h-reap ap is on, then double check your trunk configuration... better yet, remove it and recreate the trunk.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card