Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402

Hi

i have cisco wireless controller 4402 series, i wanted to upgrade it to higher versions, current version is 4.0.179.11, i wanted to go to version 6.x, i should go to mid version in between, but its refuse all the time the new image for some reasons which i dont know, there is 2 imgaes currently on the WLC pri and sec. and both are same version.

any one faced the same issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks and Regards

Majdi

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a document that will explain what version you can upgrade to from an existing version.  This should get you to 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml#conf

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you gone through the release notes of the firmware you wanted to go to?  Kindly read the section posted below.  It will give you a brief description on the firmwares you need to install FIRST prior to full upgrade.

Special Rules for Upgrading to Controller Software
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_196.html#wp233853

Hi,

I already checked the links attached , and went into the procedures step by step, the issue is when uploading the image file with tftp client, i am getting this error : Sanity check failed on file. The file was not downloaded completely , accourding to the manuals it means that the tftp not supporting more than 33 M files, i tried lot of TFTP softwares even the ons cisco recomends in the document tftpd32 i am getting the same error.

Thanks

Try downloading the firmware again, maybe it's corrupt.

I use 3CDeamon and never had any issues.  You are also upgrading to 4.2.176.0 first correct?  Like leolaohoo mentioned, try to download the image again.

-Scott

I downloaded the image again , and  tried 3CDeamon,  same problem

Try to tftp the image you currently have on your WLC and see if that fial or not.  Have you tried another PC/laptop with tftp?

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card