Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problems using a wlan bridge with cisco wlc

Hi,

We're having issues getting a wlan bridge "linksys wet610n" to work with cisco wlc's.

anybody else seen issues with this kind of setup?

i believe it has something to do with the fact that mulitple ip's get associated with one mac-address.

If we connect the bridge to a standalone ap it works just fine...

any idéas?

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Marcus,

The issue your experiencing is exactly what you think it might be. By default the WLC's don't like to see multple IP's coming from a single mac address if the client is detected as just a client. If it detects it as a WGB (Workgroup Bridge) Client then there are no issues. One possible solution is to enable 802.3 Briding mode on the WLC which should resolve your issue. You will find this setting under Controller> General  on the WLC GUI.  If this doesn't resolve the only other option I am aware of is to use a CIsco IOS AP in Workgroup Bridge mode in place of your linksys bridge.

I had a similar issue with some older linksys bridges that used to be connected to an autonomous system.

Hope this helps and feel free to rate my answer.

Thanks,

Kayle

Karel Vins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

try to disable strict IP to MAC binding check.

(Cisco Controller) >show network summary

IP/MAC Addr Binding Check ............... Enabled

(Cisco Controller) >config network ip-mac-binding disable

Regards,

Karel Vins

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card