we want to update our current ISP connection. For clarification I attached a jpg file to this text.
The current situtation:
- 1 ISP with 2 routers stationed in different cities
- 1 AS: AS100
- 1 AS: AS200
- 1 Cisco C3550 with EMI connected to the two routers from the ISP above
- all incoming traffic to our main line with 150 Mbit/s, in case this one fails, everything goes to our 30 Mbit/s line
- outgoing traffic is load shared with ~ 150/30 with bgp dmzlink-bw is running nicely (latency difference between 150 Mbit/s and 30 Mbit/s line is only 2ms )
- IPv4 only
Coming to the future:
Idea: Let´s make a real redundancy, let´s double the switches on our side
- IPv4 and IPv6 should be run in dual stack
- 2 eBGP switches on my site with 1 iBGP connected switch, doing the load sharing
- 1 additional switch for failsave cases (done with VRRP)
- R5 and R6 are non Cisco devices which will work with OSPFv2 and v3
- Will that setup actually work?
- Do you have some improvemnents?
- The question would be, will this work with Cisco 3560G and EMI or do I need something bigger?