cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone screen refresh during outgoing call

andrey.smirnov
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the way to instruct CCME not to update called number on IP phone screen upon reception alerting message from ISDN line of PSTN gateway during outgoing call. The called number is translated (prefixed) by outgoing pots dial-peer so actual ISDN called number is different from the entered one but I’d like to hide digits manipulations from the end user.

I’m using CCME 4.1. The line to PSTN is E1 Pri ISDN (IOS 12.4(15)T5). No matter the gateway is on the same router with CCME or separate one.

Thanks in advance.

Andrey

4 Replies 4

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Could you give an example as i don't fully understand what you are asking

Cheers

Mark

Request is actually very clear:

actual ISDN called number is different from the entered one but I’d like to hide digits manipulations from the end user.

I'm looking into this but I'm afraid you need a custom TCL/IVR script for that.

Mark,

for example, I'm entering number 81234567 on my 7965 IP phone and press dial softkey. The call is initiated and routed by outgoing dial-peer to ISDN port (located in the CCME router). The translation rule of the dial-peer (or translation rule on voice-port) strips the first digit from dialed number (i.e. the new number is 1234567). Then gateway initiates ISDN call to the PSTN, i.e sends Q.931 SETUP with called number 1234567, receives PROCEEDING and a little bit late ALERTING from the network. Upon reception of ALERTING message the IP phone screen substitutes entered number (81234567) by translated (1234567). I'd like to prevent this behaviuor.

Regards,

Andrey

Sorry , don't know a way changing this.