Bridge Two 1240AG's

Unanswered Question
Mar 3rd, 2010

I have two 1242AG's that I am trying to bridge together.  My layout would be as follows.  Main building has a switch connected to the first 1242.  This would be bridged to the second 1242 using the A radio.  At the remote building (about 300 feet away, but no way to run wire to it), people would connect on the B/G radio of the second 1242.  Idealy I would be able to do this and support multiple VLans (Management, and two other VLans) with tagging, but I will settle for a single VLan if need be.

I've been able to find documents to create bridges with 1300's and 1400's, but I haven't found anything to help me when trying to do it using two 1242's.  I tried following this document (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml), and it sort of worked, but the remote AP continously says Warning: INterface Dot1Radio1, cannot associate: EAP authenticating, and on the primary AP, it keeps flipping between RADIUS Server xx.xx.xx.xx is not responding and then RADIUS Server xx.xx.xx.xx has returned.  Both show the other end of the bridge if I look at the Associations, but they say the state is Association processing.

I welcome any ideas.  Both access points are identical and were started wtih a reset to facotry defaults.

Model: Air-AP1242AG-A-K9

System Software: 12.3(8)JA

Bootloader: 12.3(7)JA1

Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 03/04/2010 - 15:44

Scott,

Can you post your configuration or attach them?  What encryption are you using for the bridge link?  I would try to leave it open until you can be certain that the link is stable.  What antennas are you using and are you using two or one?  If one, make sure you have your antenna receive and transmit set on the correct antenna port unless you have two antennas.

Root Bridge:

dot11 ssid

authentication open
   infrastructure-ssid

interface Dot11Radio1
no ip address
no ip route-cache
ssid tr1bun3bridge01
channel
station-role root bridge
bridge-group 1
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled