Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to configure Extension Mobility CCM 4.1.3

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying configure Extension Mobility in the CallManager version 4.1.3 and I did all step, but, when I go select the service in IP Phone It stayed in Request for same times and don´t connect and It return to option "Make Your Selection" in a one IP Phone 7940, another IP Phone 7940 appear the message "Host Not Found" and the another IP Phone 7912 appear the "Failed Connected". The IP Phone are registered by DHCP that is configured in Gateway 2801. I Did the review configuration in Cisco CallManager and didn´t found the wrong configuration.

Any Suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Is the URL you set on the IP Phone Service using a host name or IP address?

If it is host name, then you need to ensure that your IP phones have DNS servers assigned, and that the DNS servers have the  host name in them.

Typically on CM4 you would use the publisher's IP address.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...         

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI Aaron,

The URL is configured by IP. I Did the step by step the procedure.

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

Hi Wilson,

Can you check Phone URL Service Parameter in Enterprise Service Parameter . You

should change it to IP address instead of Publisher's Hostname Name..

Thanks,

Nirmal

Hi,

I already did had this before, in the Enterprise Parameters I changed all names URL to IP address.

Thanks,

Wilson

OK - can you  browse to the EM URL from your PC?

You can paste the URL into IE or Firefox and insert a phone device name like so (obviously insert your own phone device name and server IP)

http://192.168.0.80:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=SEP123412341234

And you should get some XML back...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: