cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 IOS Upgrade Help

joshthek1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 stack running software version 12.2(25)

Would like to upgrade to 12.4 to have SSH support

I am attempting to use the Software Advisor to see what might be compatible with my devices however my switches do not support the Hardware Configuration commands (show diag) so I am doing the process manually.  I am at the page where it is asking for FRU information.  I have never done this before and don't know how to answer the questions.  Is there a place within the switch I can get this information from (without show diag or show mod)?  Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Josh

IP Base with crypto is what you need. If you do a "dir flash:" you should see a file like this -

c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

you need -

c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a 3750 stack running software version 12.2(25)

Would like to upgrade to 12.4 to have SSH support

I am attempting to use the Software Advisor to see what might be compatible with my devices however my switches do not support the Hardware Configuration commands (show diag) so I am doing the process manually.  I am at the page where it is asking for FRU information.  I have never done this before and don't know how to answer the questions.  Is there a place within the switch I can get this information from (without show diag or show mod)?  Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh,

For SSH support ios should be crypto image that means a word called K9 will be there in ios which will support for ssh.Is your current ios is 12.2(25) SE then it has the following support for ssh as per feature navigator

Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Integrated Client
Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Server Support
Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Client Support

If you select12.2(35)SE1 then it has the following support

Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Integrated Client
Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Server Support
Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Client Support
Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Server Support

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Ganesh,

Thank you for your quick answer.  I have attached a copy of my show version results as I am not sure what you meant by K9.  However, when I attempt to use the "crypto key generate rsa" command my switch does not accept it.  Is there another way I can setup SSH without using this command?  Thanks again for replying.

MIG-IL-SW3750-stack#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 15:47 by yenanh

Ganesh,

Thank you for your quick answer.  I have attached a copy of my show version results as I am not sure what you meant by K9.  However, when I attempt to use the "crypto key generate rsa" command my switch does not accept it.  Is there another way I can setup SSH without using this command?  Thanks again for replying.

MIG-IL-SW3750-stack#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 15:47 by yenanh

Hi,

Your current ios wont support ssh as it a ip base series image, For ssh support you need to have cryptogrphy image in your ssh then only your crypto key genrate rsa will work.

cryptography image used to be written with key word K9 in ios.

Hope to Help !!

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

Josh

IP Base with crypto is what you need. If you do a "dir flash:" you should see a file like this -

c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

you need -

c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Jon

Ganesh and Jon,

Thank you so much for your help.  I should be able to proceed from here.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: