Update Document on Subscriber Node

Answered Question
Mar 3rd, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

So I have a two node UCCX 7.0 HA cluster. Now it looks like when you upload things via the Web UI such as prompts and documents. This gets put into the SQL DB and then replicated over to the subscriber node.

I have a couple scripts that go out and update XML files stored in the Document Repository and also a few prompts in the Prompt Repository. This works fine but I’m noticing this only effects whatever the active node is for that call as it’s making a change to the file system and not to SQL so this does not get replicated over to the subscriber node.

So my question is would it be better to write these to some sort of network share, or is there a way to make the UCCX cluster know a file is being updated in the Document / Prompt repository and to replicate it to the subscriber node?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 9 months ago

Hi

The problem is that you aren't actually updating the repository - you're updating the cached copies of respository stuff on the local disk.

This causes several problems:

1) A failover will lose settigns/prompts other stuff, as you've noticed

2) If you patch, upgrade or restore the system you will probably lose stuff

3) You've no guarantee changes will stick properly

Instead of writing to the disk, use the correct steps:

Upload Prompt

Upload Document

etc.

To get these to work, you have to use the get user/authenticate user steps with a User variable to authenticate to the repository as a suitable user, and then use the Upload step referenceing the authenticated user variable.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 03/03/2010 - 08:22

Hi

The problem is that you aren't actually updating the repository - you're updating the cached copies of respository stuff on the local disk.

This causes several problems:

1) A failover will lose settigns/prompts other stuff, as you've noticed

2) If you patch, upgrade or restore the system you will probably lose stuff

3) You've no guarantee changes will stick properly

Instead of writing to the disk, use the correct steps:

Upload Prompt

Upload Document

etc.

To get these to work, you have to use the get user/authenticate user steps with a User variable to authenticate to the repository as a suitable user, and then use the Upload step referenceing the authenticated user variable.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content