Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working for shared line

millerna5323
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 6.1 and Unity 5.0.

I have an extension set up for a department voicemail.  The extension is shared on nine 7960 phones, as a secondary line.  Each phone has a primary line with voicemail, and the secondary line.

The issue is that the MWI is not working for the second line.  It works fine for the primary line, so I know the issue is not phones themselves.

I have set the Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy to "Light and Prompt" and "Prompt Only" on a test phone, neither setting resolved the issue.

Any suggestions on what other settings I should look at?

Regards,

Nathan

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you not get the red light, or the voicemail envelope on the line next to the line button? Or both?

Try dialling your MWI On number from the shared line, see if that turns on the indicator - if not, then the problem is that your shared line is not in the CSS assigned to the MWI number.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The indicator toggles when I dial the MWI On/Off numbers. I forgot to mention that.

Thanks for the quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: