Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX/ASA 7.2 Session Monitoring

antonio-soares
Level 1
Level 1

Hello group,

I need to monitor the sessions handled by PIX/ASA units running release 7.2. I need statistics like how many SYN packets were sent from clients to servers protected by the PIX/ASA; how many of these SYN received the SYN/ACK; how many sessions reached the established state. I saw that there is the "show counters" command but all these statistics are related with traffic sent to the PIX/ASA itself, not traffic passing through the unit. The upgrade to 8.x is not an option in the moment. SNMP was investigated as an option but there only a few interesting values under the CISCO-FIREWALL-MIB and CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello group,

I need to monitor the sessions handled by PIX/ASA units running release 7.2. I need statistics like how many SYN packets were sent from clients to servers protected by the PIX/ASA; how many of these SYN received the SYN/ACK; how many sessions reached the established state. I saw that there is the "show counters" command but all these statistics are related with traffic sent to the PIX/ASA itself, not traffic passing through the unit. The upgrade to 8.x is not an option in the moment. SNMP was investigated as an option but there only a few interesting values under the CISCO-FIREWALL-MIB and CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares

Hi Antonio,

Commands like

who

show ssh sessions

show asdm sessions

sh conn long all | i Identity.*/22

sh conn long all | i Identity.*/23

sh conn long all | i Identity.*/443 (but this may include webvpn sessions in addition to ASDM, if both are running on the same port) will show the current status but softwares like fireplotter can give you status of session check out the below link for fire plotter hope that helps.

http://www.fireplotter.com/

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card