Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset config revision number on switch

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

hi all,

i have quick question i have 3548 aqnd 2950 switch how can i reset the config revision number to lower one.

thanks

mahehs

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mahesh,

changing the VTP domain name and changing the vtp mode to transparent can do the job.

when you assign again the original VTP domain name with the device in standalone (no trunks to production) you can see in sh vtp status a rev number =0

you need also to se the VTP mode to the desired mode

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Mahesh

You only actually need to change to VTP transparent mode and then back again and that should reset the revision number.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mahesh,

changing the VTP domain name and changing the vtp mode to transparent can do the job.

when you assign again the original VTP domain name with the device in standalone (no trunks to production) you can see in sh vtp status a rev number =0

you need also to se the VTP mode to the desired mode

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi giuslar,

so you mean to say i should first change vtp domain name and then change the  vto mode from server or client to transparent.

once it is done then i can change domain name to its original?

does it matter which vtp mode we are  i mean to say it has to be transparent mode only to make change?

thanks for reply

mahesh

Mahesh

You only actually need to change to VTP transparent mode and then back again and that should reset the revision number.

Jon

Or you can do the smart thing and disble VTP (Very Troubling Protocol).

Hi John

thanks for help again.

mahesh

Thanks for help

Mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: