Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem setting up MGCP gateway on other side of MPLS link

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CUCM-BE 6.1.3 server at our home office and we are setting up a remote office with an MPLS connection.  I have the MPLS link up, but am having problems setting up the router as a remote MGCP gateway.  We have a PRI coming into the remote router and would like to use it as a voice gateway for local calling in and out of this office and toll bypass from the home office.

I have configured MGCP on the 2821 router at the remote office, and have added the gateway to CUCM, but the connection always shows as 'Down' on the router.  Here are the details:

Home office:

CUCM IP address: 10.100.209.2

Able to ping the remote router just fine.

Route to 10.102.0.0/16 points to remote site via MPLS network.

Remote office:

Cisco 2821 router serving as both MPLS endpoint and MGCP gateway.

Route to 10.100.0.0/16 points back to home site via MPLS network.

LAN IP address is 10.102.1.1 and is assigned to Gi0/0.

Is there something else I need to be doing other than configuring the ccm-manager on the 2821 and adding the gateway in the CUCM?  I have done both and cannot seem to get the 2821 to register with the CUCM as a gateway.

Configuration of the 2821 is attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try:

mgcp bind media source-interface g0/0

mgcp bind control source-interface g0/0

Often MPLS routers don't have full routability on the outgoing (i.e. WAN) interface used to reach CCM. Binding to the LAN address clears it up...

Once you've configured it do :

no mgcp

mgcp

To ensure it takes effect.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try:

mgcp bind media source-interface g0/0

mgcp bind control source-interface g0/0

Often MPLS routers don't have full routability on the outgoing (i.e. WAN) interface used to reach CCM. Binding to the LAN address clears it up...

Once you've configured it do :

no mgcp

mgcp

To ensure it takes effect.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thank you.  That was what I needed to do.  I was looking for some kind of source-interface command, but I didn't dive far enough into the command tree.

Now the status has changed to Registering with CM, which is a good sign.

Thanks!

Chris