Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express Default Password

CleverDrake
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We have just installed MeetingPlace Express 2.1.  It looks as though everything is running correctly, however I can't log into the web interface.  I found this PAGE and it claims that the default username is admin and the password is cisco.  I tried that and it didn't work.  I also know that while installing MPE it had me set a password for the web user admin, which I did, but that password is not working either.

Am I missing something on the configuration?  Or is there another username that I can use?

Thanks for any assistance.

CD

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

May be too late for this response - but here are the instructions from the MPE DocWiki site:

1. Log in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system as the mpxadmin user.
  2. At the password prompt, enter the mpxadmin password.
    The system displays the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system desktop.
  3. Right-click on the desktop.
  4. From the menu, select New Terminal. This brings up a terminal session.
  5. At the prompt, enter userutil -p admin <'newpassword'>, where newpassword is the new password. This tells the server to set a new password for the End-User Interface and Administration Center user called admin.
  6. On the desktop, click the Red Hat icon.
  7. Click Log Out.
  8. Click OK.

Hope this helps!  Ginger

P.S. Here is the full DocWiki location to the instructions - http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Express%2C_Release_2.x_--_Troubleshooting_System_Issues#Recovering_the_System_Administrator_Password_Used_in_the_End-User_Interface_and_the_Administration_Center