cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tel 6921 vs CME like SRST 7.1

giovanni.cock
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have several 6921 ip phones, and they work fine with a CUCMBE 7.1.2, but when i check the CME like SRST, they cannot register properly, the version of the CME is 7.1, is there any way to put them to work with CME 7.1 like SRST.  i dont have any changes to change the IOS of the router to upgrade it to CME 8.X

thanks in advanced.

8 Replies 8

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

CME 7.1 Doesn't support 6921 phones, only 8.0.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Hi guys

How I make this upgrade to support 69xx phones?

I'm using CUCM 7.1 and Router 2911.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

I need to configure my router as CME ?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

You will need an IOS which has CME/SRST ver 8.0

Typically 15.1T upwards

Hi Pratick thanks for reply.

One more question.

I just save the new IOS with on the flash of Router?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Yes.

Before upgrading you have to consider the IOS hardware requirements i.e. DRam/Flash.

You have to upgrade the IOS on router by putting the IOS file on the router flash by using copy tftp: flash: command and then configure the router to boot with it by "boot system flash: command from global config.

Ok thanks for you help !!!!

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: