cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connections CCMUser Page

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

I have been trying to get into this page, and I feel that there must be something that I need to configure on Unity Connection to allow a user access to this.  I am sure the username and password is correct, just seems like an access issue.

Thanks!

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user options portal for Unity Connection is not CCMUser (CUCM only).  It's the Cisco PCA (Personal Communications Assistant).  That is https:///ciscopca.  You can give users access to Unity Assistant and etc. via the CoS configurations.

If you truly mean CCMUser which is for the phone, then the end users need to be a member of the Standard End Users group (name may be off a bit but it's pretty obvious when you look at it) to access this page for administration of their phone.

Hailey

Please remember to rate all helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user options portal for Unity Connection is not CCMUser (CUCM only).  It's the Cisco PCA (Personal Communications Assistant).  That is https:///ciscopca.  You can give users access to Unity Assistant and etc. via the CoS configurations.

If you truly mean CCMUser which is for the phone, then the end users need to be a member of the Standard End Users group (name may be off a bit but it's pretty obvious when you look at it) to access this page for administration of their phone.

Hailey

Please remember to rate all helpful posts!

OK so this got me half way there..

so ccmuser does still work on unity conn as a web page, stupid cisco forgot to strip it out...

Do you know how I configure a mobile phone notification  I added my cell phone number but when i add a 914444444444 it says invaid number...

I have my 10 digit cell in there now, but clearly it must need to be able to dial outbound so i added the pstn to my css... how do i make sure that Cisco Unity Connection sends 914444444444

Thanks,

Chad

You need to modify the restriction tables to accept the dial strings you want to use for msg notification:

Maximum Length of Dial String

Enter the maximum number of digits—including access codes—in a call transfer, message notification, or fax delivery number. Only the dial strings that contain a number of digits fewer than or equal to the Maximum Length of Dial String value are checked against the restriction table. Dial strings that contain more than the Maximum Length of Dial String value are not permitted.

For example, if local calls in your area are seven digits long, and you want to prevent users from using long distance phone numbers, enter 8 in the Maximum Length of Dial String field. (A local number plus the access code for the phone system equals 8 digits.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/gui_reference/guide/7xcucgrg100.html#wp1103578

Out of curiosity, isn't it a CUCMBE what you're using and that's why you have both CCMUser and PCA????

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, you need to first modify the restriction tables in Unity to allow you to enter the appropriate digits. You can use the default tables or build custom ones...but make sure you apply the correct restriction table to your user account or the user template (based on how many users you're building).

From there you have another level of checking which is making sure that when your Unity ports outdial (i.e., they pass digits to CUCM), that the ports have the proper CSS to reach the PSTN and the patterns you are allowing.

Hailey

Please remember to rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: