cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding a call, then when unanswered, forwarding the caller back to the original voicemail.

Emichalsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm new to the IT and Cisco phones environments so fairly unfamiliar.  I'm making this to see if a clients request is possible after looking around for a few hours with no clue if the search is in vain.

We have Cisco  IP Phones 7945s.  We use Cisco Unified CM admin.

Currently if one phone in particular doesn't get answered the call will forward to the receptionist.  But if the receptionist isn't there we want the call to go back to the original desk so a voice message can be left with the intended recipient.

Not knowing the system or tools well I bet I left out application and version info that would help but if anyone knows a way, or knows there's not a way, a post would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you are using Cisco Unity as your voicemail system, by default it looks at the first redirecting number to match the VM box.

So if your call comes in for example on extension 1234, then forwards to 6789, but 6789 is forwarded to VM, then the call will go to the VM box for 1234.

It doesn't matter how many phones you forward through, it will go to the first number's VM.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Are you using the Auto Attendant?  Is that what you mean by Cisco Unified CM Admin?  If so, there is actually a service parameter you need to change so that calls that forward to the receptionist divert back to the original called party.  If you are using AA, let me know and I can tell you what you need to change.

Please remember to rate helpful posts!

Hi David,

I have the same issue and I am using Auto Attendant  handled by Unity Connection server. Can you please tell me which service  parameter to change to resolve this problem ?

My configuration is :

CUCM 8.5

CUC 8.5

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: