cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A service desk

jenny_flannigan
Level 1
Level 1

We have a service desk of 8 people and want to setup so that each memeber logs in when they arrive at work.

As calls come they are diverted to a member of the group,  if that perosn is on the phone then it moves onto the next person etc and if not answered then goes to voicemail .

But is Cisco smart enough to know to divert to a different person each time. We dont want the first perosn who logged in at the beginning of the day to be first person to get all the calls.

Would we do this using a Hunt group?? or is there another way

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are several algorithms to choose from:

Distribution Algorithm

Choose a distribution algorithm, which applies at the line-group level, from the options in the drop-down list box:

Top Down—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member.

Circular—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a line group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified Communications Manager most recently extended a call. If the nth member is the last member of a line group, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the line group.

Longest Idle Time—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager only distributes a call to idle members, starting from the longest idle member to the least idle member of a line group.

Broadcast—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to all idle or available members of a line group simultaneously. See the Note in the description of the Selected DN/Route Partition field for additional limitations in using the Broadcast distribution algorithm.

The actual hunt groups are for AC, what you would need are line groups and configure hlog

Log Out of Hunt Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1100559

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jenny_flannigan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

I want to setup a line group just as a test at present to make sure it works before it goes live.

I have set it up between three extensions for now but when the first extension the call does not move onto the next extension designated in the line group memebers list. I have set  the hunt options to "try next member then try next group"

Do I need to setup hunt groups for each extension as well??

Or do i need to setup line groups for each extension in the main line group

Hi

Sounds like you have 'Top Down' as the Distribution Algorhythm in the line group configuration.

Set it to circular, longest idle or broadcast to change this behavior.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks  - see below

Do i have to setup Line groups for each Extension ?

Do i have to do anyting with translation codes

Do I have to anything with Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings on the device that has the DDI on it.

This is how I have it setup

Distribution Algoritim

Longest Idle time

Hunt options are

Try next member but do not go to next group

Try next member but do not go to next group

Stop hunting

24451/TSA internal  ( this ext number has a DDI attached to it)

24464/TSA internal

24465/TSA internal

Directory numbers

24451 in TSA-Internal

24464 in TSA-Internal

24465 in TSA-Internal

Hi Jenny

For something this size I would say you only need one line group containing all your service desk members.

Hunt options really only come into play when you have multiple line groups in the hunt list associated with this pilot point.

You may want to set the Hunt Timeout on the pilot point, and set 'Forward No Answer' and 'Forward Busy' to go to voicemail to cope with busy periods rather than just timing out or returning busy tone.

Re: translations, if your hunt pilot isn't linked to a DDI you may want to translate a DDI to it. You might want to translate all calls outbound from extensions on the service desk so that they appear to come from the pilot number (so people calling back go to the hunt group, not the individual user).

If you want the facility to use pickup for calls that are ringing on other phones in the hunt group see this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1051399#1051399

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts!!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: