cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the maximum multicast traffic throughput for an Cisco2811?

cliff.lo72
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I know if anyone know what is the maximum multicast traffic throughput for an Cisco2800? I have a client whose have 2 x Cisco2811 connected to the internet ISP. (one active & one standby). However, always having intermittance performance issues. (WAN bandwith is 45Mbps on  the active link)

After some investigation, I discover that > 99% of their traffic is multicast frame (due to the nature of the applications & services they subscribed). And if I did not understand wrongly, ip multicast traffic is fast switching, which have a lower performance as compare to ip cef switching.

On a Cisco2811, with ip cef enable, it will be able to provide an approximate 60Mbps (base on packets' size 64K) maximum throughput, so what is the maximum throughput if it is fast-switching? (I suspect it is less than the 45Mbps)

If my suspicious is correct, then Cisco2811 will not enough to support their applications.

Does anyone have similar experince?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi leolaohoo,

Thanks for the reply, When you mention half-duplex, does you mean uni-direction? so any idea about bi-direction?

Half it and you get the full duplex figure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card