UCCX 7.0.x Standart ExpressionLicenseViolation in HolidayCheck app

Unanswered Question
Mar 4th, 2010

plz look at my screen.

I have no problem with Premium and Enchanced license for UCCX, also i can't find any info in SRND about that limitations.

Whether it is possible to use String methods in scripts with Standart type of license?

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Ryan LaFountain Mon, 03/08/2010 - 13:48

As many holiday scripts use java functions as you have described, and these are not available in the Standard license package, this error will occur if you try to run them on a system with this package. As you have stated, these will only work with Premium and Enhanced. I have not found a workaround for this yet, and I am not sure if there is one, but someone else on the forums may have.

Anthony Holloway Mon, 03/08/2010 - 14:33

Does the attached get you what you need?  I don't have standard to test with, so this would be good for me to know.

Essentially it works the same as what you have.  It takes today's date, and compares it against a list of holidays which are stored in an XML document, and returns true or false depending on the outcome.

s_malinskiy Tue, 03/09/2010 - 02:02

Thanks a lot.

The script works well with Standart License.

p.s :

> "Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Expression Language Reference

> Guide,Release 7.0(1)", p.79

> In Cisco Unified CCX Standard, you can enter only simple expressions

> unless you also have a Java license. You automatically have a Java

> license with the other four Cisco Unified CCXproducts.

Anthony Holloway Tue, 03/09/2010 - 08:35

Thank you for the feedback.  I wonder what qualifies as "simple"

This is simple to me...

set coin_flip = "" + (new Date()).getTime().substring(12)

Does that work in Standard?

heathrw Sun, 03/14/2010 - 21:31

This worked for my standard edition also.

Brett Hanson Mon, 04/18/2011 - 22:21

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for posting these.

I've successfully used them in CCX v8

I made a small modification - set the format to D-M-YYYY instead of M-D-YYYY (only because for some reason in Oz we use dates in that format).

I've also attached a test script with an implementation of the script which shows how to easily re-use the holiday-check script for various scenarios.

We have a truckload of clients across various states & territories, mulitple service desks, one main system, and each client has different arrangements for each holiday day.

Some have no coverage on some holidays, reduced coverage on others, and some have full coverage, some revert to an AH (After Hours) style coverage during holidays. So it's handy to have mulitple XML holiday files but just the one check script.

Thanks again and hope this helps others with the implementation of it.

PS. Excerpt from user guides:

The Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced, and Cisco Unified CCX Premium licences
include the Java license. The Cisco Unified CCX Standard license does not
include the Java license. You need the Java license for full Java functionality. For
further information, see the Cisco Unified CCX Expression Language Reference

This appears to be for V7 and above.

davidoconnor2010 Fri, 03/16/2012 - 07:38

Many thanks to

Anthony Holloway for his script.  I've spend nearly a day on another version of this holiday check called "holidayCheck" and keep getting a true response to the boolean despite the date not being a holiday.

His very simple script works for me on UCCX 7.0 Enhanced.

Anthony Holloway Sun, 03/18/2012 - 11:57

Thank you David.  I'm glad you were able to get what you needed accomplished with this script.

goweemae Tue, 05/13/2014 - 09:36

Is it possible that the script is not attached to this post (anymore)? I just see the XML-file...

Would it be possible to share the script (in zip-format) with the community? 

Brett Hanson Wed, 05/14/2014 - 00:56

Hi Goswin,

I've attached the one I use - which uses the Aussie dating D-M-YYYY (as opposed to M-D-YYYY).

If you need any other info - let us know.

goweemae Wed, 05/14/2014 - 01:26

Thanks Brett.

Can you confirm this script works with CCX Standard? I am looking for a holiday script that can be used on CCX Standard...

Brett Hanson Wed, 05/14/2014 - 01:28

We run premium so I can't actually vouch for that but I did grab the script from this post originally, only changing the date format (per my post below).

So I will say that I assume it works but can't guarantee it.

Give it a shot and see.

Do you know how to call this holiday script and pass it a document reference?

This Discussion