UCCX calls dropped when CUCM fails over

Unanswered Question
Mar 4th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I need a bit of a sanity check.

We have a UCCX 7.0 HA with CUCM 6.1 cluster (Pub/Sub) with MGCP PRI gateway.

During the BAU operation, the Pub (who is the primary listed AXL server in the UCCX config) lost power. At that time all UCCX agents got logged out and they needed to log back in manualy, and also all external calls to the agents were dropped (?!)

After the agents logged back in the calls started to come in again and it was back to BAU.

Is this normal operation? Does this have to do with TAPI failing over to the Subscriber?

Thanks,

Vedran

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nathan Luk Thu, 03/04/2010 - 23:23
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

What exactly lost power? Active calls at the agents shouldn't have dropped because at that point the call path should be between the gateways and the agent phones (the phones should reset when the call ends to try reregister to another server or go into SRST if you have it but active calls should have stayed up) so sounds to me like maybe more than just CUCM lost power? What about switches? Sounds like to me if all calls dropped the handsets lost connectivity to the gateway somehow.

Cheers,

Nathan

vedran.srsen Fri, 03/05/2010 - 07:32
User Badges:

Nathan, thanks for your answer.

Only the primary CUCM dropped. I am aware that the calls should not be dropped in a classic UC environment since the path is established between the phone and the vgw. However, I was wondering since the UCCX has control over those devices could the drop of the primary AXL provider cause the calls to be dropped?

Anthony Holloway Fri, 03/05/2010 - 08:31
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

No it shouldn't.  In fact, the AXL user has nothing to do with control of the Agent phone.  That's the job of the JTAPI user.

The fact that you can list multiple CTI Managers, should tell you that there is a resiliency built in to the product.

The SRND has a section on that very topic:  Chapter 2 § UCCX Fault Tolerance

boynsunited Wed, 02/16/2011 - 20:09
User Badges:

Hi gents

We kind of have a similar problem and hoping you guys could help...

We did a failover test for redundancy in our UC environment and ended up with scratching our heads!!!

Shutting down Pub to see if SUB kicked in and everything registered as usual however UCCX did not register in Callmanager?

Please advise where we have I gone wrong or where to look in UCCX V 8 configuration and Callmanager

Thanks in advance

Actions

This Discussion