cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config job failing

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have periodic polling and peridoic colletion jobs scheduled to run everyday at 2:30 and

14:30. These jobs are in pending for more than 72 hours and I didn't see a new job started

since. Please advise

LMS3.2 on Solaris 10

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like ConfigMgmtServer may have locked up.  Get the PID from the output of "pdshow ConfigMgmtServer", then run "kill -QUIT PID".  Then post the daemons.log file.

I ran the kill command and here is the daemons.log file.

Nothing was attached.

Here you go

Yeah, there are a bunch of threads stcuk in a loop.  This appears to be related to a problem performing terminal setup on WLC devices.  At this point, you will need to restart ConfigMgmtServer to resume config archive operations.  However, I would be curious to know if you can replicate this problem, and if so, with what WLCs (i.e. model and code version).

To restart ConfigMgmtServer, run the following two commands:

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

WLC? I didnt' mentioned WLC in my thread. You are asked me stop/stop the ConfigMgmtServer which I just did and rerun the job and keep you posted. As a side not, I did stop/start the daemon before I started the thread and jobs were still stuck or failed.

I know you didn't mention WLC, but those are the devices that are locking up ConfigMgmtServer.  If you're doing a config collection for all devices in RME, then those jobs will probably continue to lock up until the WLC problems can be understood.  That is why I requested info on your WLC types and software.

Agree. WLCs were recently added in the RME. Does RME support WLC for config Archive?

Anyway, you asked for the WLC model and version I'm using

AIR-WLC4402-50-K9

AIR-WLC4402-25-K9

AIR-WLC2125-K9

and all are runing version  6.0.188.0

Since you already have a TAC service request open, I suggest this problem be worked there to avoid duplication of effort.  You can post the resolution when the service request is closed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco