cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE module - should 'sh serverfarm' and the SNMP OID 'slbVServerNumberOfConnections' show the same value?

bgfl-tech
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently begun to notice that the current connections value displayed by the ACE when using the 'sh serverfarm' command isn't matching up with the value returned by a custom MIB poller I'm using to return the value of the associated 'slbVServerNumberOfConnections' OID when I had assumed that they represented the same thing?

As an example at the moment the ACE is showing 400 current connections for a particular serverfarm but my customer poller is returning 250?

I'd noticed this behaviour whilst the ACE was running software version A2(1.6a) and had hoped that an upgrade to A2(2.3) might fix it but it hasn't - assuming it's a bug as opposed to just my misunderstanding of what value 'slbVServerNumberOfConnections' is actually returning?

Can anyone explain what I'm seeing or am I polling the wrong OID?

Thanks in advance

regards

Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What about the 'show conn' ? do you see 400 or 250 concurrent connections ?

What about 'sho service-policy'

The OID refers to the VIP not the serverfarm.

Also the show serverfarm is known to display incorrect information

CSCtc94844: ACE: show serverfarm current connection counter incorrect

The fix will be in A2(2.4)

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What about the 'show conn' ? do you see 400 or 250 concurrent connections ?

What about 'sho service-policy'

The OID refers to the VIP not the serverfarm.

Also the show serverfarm is known to display incorrect information

CSCtc94844: ACE: show serverfarm current connection counter incorrect

The fix will be in A2(2.4)

Gilles.

Hi,

The current connection value displayed by 'sh service-policy' is the same as the value returned by 'slbVServerNumberOfConnections' so I'm assuming we're suffering from the bug you mentioned where 'sh serverfarm' is displaying an incorrect value.

thanks

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: